California Republic Bank Completes 3rd Year in Business with a Record $313.3 Million in Assets and Net Income of $2.06 Million
Results place California Republic Bank as the 9th largest bank based in Orange County and one of the strongest community banks in California based on capital, liquidity, and credit quality.1
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif., January 31, 2011 – California Republic Bank (OTCBB: CRPB) announced its results for the quarter and year ending December 31, 2010, reporting continued growth in loans, core deposits and net income.
President, Jon Wilcox stated, “We are proud of our results for our first three years in business. We have successfully executed on our original business plan despite starting in one of the most challenging banking environments in our nation’s history. We believe that we are very well positioned and poised for the next chapter.”
Vice Chairman, John DeCero added, “In just three short years we have built a quality foundation for growth and are already the 9th largest bank based in Orange County. These results validate our relationship-based model, providing our customers with a clear advantage in their respective industries.”
Highlights for the quarter and year end December 31, 2010
- Total assets of $313.3 million, a 12.8% increase over the same period 2009.
- Total demand deposit accounts of $89.9 million compared to $51.0 million at year end 2009, an increase of $38.9 million or 76.3%.
- Total loan commitments of $287.4 million and loan outstandings of $185.3 million, a 29.9% increase in outstandings over the same period 2009.
- Annual net income of $2.06 million compared to a net loss of $3.40 million for the same period in 2009.
- Excluding non-capital charges of $560 thousand, the Bank added $2.62 million to capital in 2010.
- The Bank continues its record of no non-performing or charged-off loans.
- Total risk based capital ratio of 22%.
Quarter and year end December 31, 2010 results:
For December 31, 2010, California Republic Bank reported total assets of $313.3 million, an increase of $35.4 million, or 12.8% above total assets as of December 31, 2009. The year-over-year growth in total assets reflects continued core deposit growth with total deposits at $263.8 million, a $32.5 million, or 14% increase from the 4th quarter of 2009. Non-interest-bearing demand deposit accounts grew to $89.9 million, compared to $51.0 million at the end of the 4th quarter of 2009, an increase of $38.9 million, or 76.3%. Total loan commitments were reported at $287.4 million as of December 31, 2010, with loan outstandings at $185.3 million, representing a $42.6 million, or 29.9% increase over the 4th quarter of 2009. Net income was $46 thousand for the 4th quarter and $2.06 million for the year. California Republic Bank continues to report strong credit quality, with zero non-performing loans and no charged-off loans. The Bank reported a Tier 1 leverage capital ratio of 15.3%, a Tier 1 risk based capital ratio of 22% and a total risk based capital ratio of 23.2%, well in excess of the 5%, 6% and 10%, respectively, needed to be considered “well-capitalized” by the FDIC.
About California Republic Bank
California Republic Bank is a commercial bank, serving Southern California’s most successful companies and their owners. The Bank provides its clients direct access to executive management, with customized products delivered through highly experienced Relationship Managers and some of the best technology in the industry. The Bank serves its clients through its regional Newport Beach and Beverly Hills branch locations.
For more information, contact Jon Wilcox, President; or John DeCero, Vice Chairman; at 949-270-9700 in Orange County or 424-230-5400 in Los Angeles, or visit our website at www.crbnk.com. The Bank’s headquarters is located at 1400 Newport Center Drive, Suite 150, Newport Beach, California 92660. The Bank’s Beverly Hills branch is located at 100 North Crescent Drive, Suite 125, Beverly Hills, California 90210.
The Board of Directors includes:
- Inside Directors Jon Wilcox, President; and John DeCero, Vice Chairman of the Board.
- Outside Directors Robert Barth, Chairman of the Board; John Bendheim, President of Bendheim Enterprises, Inc; Marc Brutten, Entrepreneur and CEO of Westcore Holdings; Alexander Cappello, Chairman and CEO of Cappello Capital Corp; Bob Din, CEO of En Pointe Technologies; John Hagestad, Managing Partner of SARES-REGIS Group; Warren S. Orlando, Chairman, 1st United Bancorp; and J. Scott Watt, President and CEO of the Watt Group of Companies.
For information regarding the purchase or sale of the Bank’s stock, contact Michael Natzic of Stone & Youngberg at 800-288-2811.
Certain matters discussed in this press release constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, and are subject to the safe harbors created by the act. These forward-looking statements refer to the Company’s current expectations regarding future operating results, and growth in loans, deposits, and assets. These forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause the actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed, suggested or implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to (1) the impact of changes in interest rates, a decline in economic conditions and increased competition by financial service providers on the Company’s results of operation; (2) the Company’s ability to continue its internal growth rate; (3) the Company’s ability to build net interest spread; (4) the quality of the Company’s earning assets; and (5) governmental regulations.
1 As reported in the November 8, 2010 issue of the Orange County Business Journal CALIFORNIA REPUBLIC BANK« All Releases